Hello Friends! Am very much excited to start blogging interview series here, I think this kind of blogging interview helps newbie bloggers to learn and adopt new things.
To help newbie bloggers and learn myself more about blogging I have started this interview series.
In our first blogging interview series I welcome and introduce our guest today – Sumit Sao Founder of BloggingLift.com young and energetic part-time blogger. Where he shares about blogging to help new bloggers. One of my favourite blogger and mentor.
So let’s get started without wasting time.
Interview with Sumit Sao From BloggingLift
TechAdviceBro: What’s the #1 reason for starting blogginglift.com? Please tell us what your blog is all about?
Sumit Sao: The main reason to start BloggingLift.com is to share my blogging, SEO and Affiliate Marketing knowledge with my readers. So that they don’t make mistakes like me and success in blogging in the 1st attempt.
TechAdviceBro: What inspired you most to start blogging?
Sumit Sao: When I learned HTML in college then I decided to make a webpage. So, I started a website but at that time, I didn’t know about Google Blogger, and WordPress and monetisation options. I just launched a single page educational website by writing HTML codes. But I started learning gradually and knew about Blogger and WordPress. Then I created a blog in blogger.
And after 3 unsuccessful blogs, I finally started a successful blog which is BloggingLift.com
TechAdviceBro: What are the major challenges you experienced while building Blogginglift?
Sumit Sao: After 3 unsuccessful blog, I’ve decided to start a new blog but I wanted to make it successful. That’s why I started learning blogging, SEO, affiliate marketing etc. It took me 1-2 month to learn it then in August 2017, I launched the blog BloggingLift.com
TechAdviceBro: What strategies/sources do you use to monetize your blog?
Sumit Sao: I’m using Affiliate Marketing and Sponsored post to monetize my blog. But the majority of my earning comes from affiliate marketing.
TechAdviceBro: What is the best way to get success in affiliate marketing?
Sumit Sao: If you want success in affiliate marketing then I would suggest you build trust with your blog readers and try to make a strong connection with other bloggers.
Some Tips to increase your affiliate marketing sales:
- Write Product Review.
- Product comparison article also works well.
- Don’t force your readers to purchase products. Just inform them what benefits they’ll get from the product you recommend.
- If your blog is new then select the keyword which has low keyword difficulty and low search volume.
I’ve written an in-depth guide on how to get success in affiliate marketing. So must read it.
TechAdviceBro: Which are the 3 blogging tools you can’t live without and why?
Sumit Sao: I’m a fan of these blogging tools:
- Thrive Architect: This is my #1 favourite tool because with this plugin, I can design my homepage, landing page and blog posts. I’m also using it to build awesome looking pop up box.
- SEMRush: This is the best tool for every blogger to do keyword research and competitor analysis. The best part is that SEMRush sends me a weekly report about my website ranking. That’s why I love it.
- ManyChat: I’m using this tool to get Facebook messenger subscribers. It’s a FREE tool with lots of amazing features.
TechAdviceBro: How is your daily schedule? how many hours you work on your blog?
Sumit Sao: I’m a part-time blogger. That’s why it’s very difficult for me to manage time. I work one hour on my blog to write new content and update old content.
Apart from this, I spent one hour on Facebook groups to help newbie bloggers.
TechAdviceBro: What is your goal for 2019?
Sumit Sao: My goal for 2019 is:
- Provide more in-depth and quality content to my blog readers.
- Spend more time in Facebook groups to help newbie bloggers.
- I am running a Facebook Group “Blogging Lift VIP Group” in which I have more than 14K members. So, I’ll try to take it up to 20K+ members by end of 2019.
Conduct more interviews with pro bloggers.
TechAdviceBro: What are your favorite blogs and books?
Sumit Sao: My top favourite blogs are:
- Blogging Cage
- Ahrefs Blog and many more.
TechAdviceBro: What are the tips you have for new bloggers ?
Sumit Sao: Here are some tips for newbie bloggers:
- Must follow 80/20 rule i.e. spend 20% of your time to write a new blog post and 80% time in promoting it.
- Blogging is not a rich quick scheme. It takes some time.
- If your blog is new then find keywords which have low keyword difficulties and low search volume to improve your ranking in Google.
TechAdviceBro: What do you think is the best service a blogger can provide to his readers?
Sumit Sao: Help them for free of cost.
To do this, you can create your own Facebook groups where your blog readers can share their problems with you.
It’ll definitely help you to be a well-known blogger in less time.
TechAdviceBro: Again for newbie’s, most of them struggle when it comes about bringing traffic to their blogs. Please share some tips that they can use to build some traffic on their blogs and at the same time, what kind of mistakes they should avoid committing?
Sumit Sao: I know that it’s very difficult for newbie bloggers to bring traffic for their blog. So, I want to share some working tips which can help them to get traffic.
- Write Guest Post
- Conduct interview with influencers of your industry
- Create roundup post (if possible)
- Blog Commenting
- Write Answer in quora and add 1-2 links of your website in a natural way.
- Focus on building an email list from day 1.
TechAdviceBro: How TechAdviceBro readers can stay in touch with you and any message for the blogging community here?
Sumit Sao: You can interact with me on my Facebook group “Blogging Lift VIP Group” (14,000+ Members).
I’m mostly active on the FB group. You can also ask any questions you’ve around blogging and you’ll get a reply almost instantly or within a few hours.
TechAdviceBro: What is your final words to our readers?
Sumit Sao: Mansoor is a great blogger and a good friend of mine. I want to say him thank you very much from bottom of my heart for giving me this opportunity to share my blogging knowledge through this interview series.
My Final words
First of all I would like to thank Sumit Sao for accepting my invitation and answered all the questions that I asked.
I think this interview with Sumit Sao helpful for you guys, definitely it helped me learn more about blogging and his perspective. If you guys think it helps you too, comment below how you experienced.
Stay tuned for more Blogging interviews like this.
For your Success and Motivation